uma lista de 12 coisas que são mais importantes que performance no
desenvolvimento de software segundo o professor Charles E.
Leiserson que é professor de ciência da computação do MIT.
- programmer’s time,
- reliability, and
He also asks “Why study algorithms and performance at all?”. He and students answer:
- Sometimes performance is correlated with user-friendliness.
- Performance draws line between feasible and unfeasible.
- Algorithms give language for talking about program behavior.
- Performance can be used to “pay” for other things, such as security, features and user-friendliness.
 - http://people.csail.mit.edu/cel/
 - http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT
 - Referência: http://www.catonmat.net/blog/mit-introduction-to-algorithms-part-one/